- Purchase locally at any fence supply (one per Move Around Horse Tie System):
Pole (Length: 12 feet, Diameter: 2 7/8 inches, Schedule 40)
- Pole Cap
- Set Pole 4 feet in the ground with cement
- Slide Lower Collar into place.
- Adjust to desired position
- The Rotating Unit will slide down over Pole and sit atop of Lower Collar
- Place Upper Collar above Rotating Unit.
Leave MINIMUM of 1/4 inch space between Rotating Unit and Upper Collar to allow free rotating movement
- Use Locktite (or similar) for setting screws
- Secure Pole Cap on top of Pole (to prevent rusting of pole)
- Inspect periodically
The main purpose of the Top Collar is to prevent the Rotating Unit of the Move Around Horse Tie System from being pulled over and off of the top of pole. Top Collar should be a MINIMUM of a 1/4 inch from the rotating Move Around System unit. When adjusting to lower position, the Top Collar need not be lowered, rather can remain in position at top of pole.
The Move Around Horse Tie System is NOT intended to serve as a training tool to teach horses to be tied.